Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Learn Japanese in Halifax

Learn Japanese in Halifax!
Hi, my name is Michi from the Halifax Japanese Students Support Centre.
(here is my website: www.catalyst-canada.com, but... sorry! most pages are written in Japanese!)

I'm an agent working for both Japanese students who want to come to a language school in Halifax to study English and language schools in Halifax.

I help students to apply to language schools and I also help language schools to find students.

I live in Nagoya in Japan at the moment. However, I lived in Halifax for about 2 years from Nov., 2004 to Sep., 2006. I had a really good time there.

During my time in Halifax, I met a lot of people who were interested in learning Japanese and about Japanese culture.

I helped them learn Japanese and they helped me practice English.
That worked really well.
I also gave them a crash course on Japanese culture and they really appreciated it when they actually came to Japan. I was so glad to hear that!


Some of the people that I taught Japanese in Halifax are now in Japan and teaching English at a language school or even a public school.
They are having a great time in Japan: meeting people, travelling around the country, working and making some money.

Since it worked for us, I truly believe it will work for you too.

Language exchange, as you can imagine from its name, is for people who speak different languages to help each other to learn the languages.

Don't worry about teaching English too much. Your partner is not a teaching Japanese expert neither. If you speak English, you can help them.

For example, Ryan who speaks English and wants to learn Japanese and Michi who speaks Japanese and wants to learn English meet up for the language exchange session once a week.

First an hour, Ryan helps Michi learn English and a next hour Michi helps Ryan learn Japanese.
That's it. It's just as simple as it sounds.

At the moment, I have 3 to 5 students who wish to have a langauge exchange partner for their English learning and would like to help you learn Japanese.

If you live in Halifax in Nova Scotia and speak English and are interested in learning Japanese.
Please sign up on from this webpage. (This page is written in English)
Click below to sign up.
http://www.catalyst-canada.com/language.html

I will find you a language exchange partner as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Michi
Halifax Japanese Students Support Centre.
michi@catalyst-canada.com

PS.
I will use this blog to post more stories about my langauge exchange experiences and testimonials from people who've already got a partner.

No comments: