Thursday, January 10, 2013

Japanese New Year

Here is a decoration for New Year's in Japan called 'Kadomatsu'.

Not many houses these days put a kadomatsu in front of their entrance door but a lot of companies still do.

I live in a kind of business district in Nagoya so when I walk around my neighbourhood, I see a lot of kodomatsu. They give us a feeling of New Year's.



Also, we have another type of New Year's decoration called 'Kagami-mochi'.

Two round rice cakes are piled up and a small orange is put on the top.


I know it would have been a better post if I had posted this before the New Year's day!

Anyway, It would be great if this could help you learn a little about Japanese New Year.

Happy New Year everybody!


I hope this year is going to be a great one for us and, of course, for you, too!!







They are my two sons, three nieces and a nephew!

They are doing a popular posing from a few years back by a comedian who was popular at that time and I cannot even remember his name.

The second girl from the left is doing it there.

It's called 'Love-Chunyu'

"Chunyu" means 'To inject something'

This pose means " To Inject Love To You"

Say it to your Japanese friends, they would be surprised.

If she/he doesn't know this joke/posing, that person has been away from Japan for a quite long time. hahaha.


Michi

No comments: